- "Don't leave me, daddy!"
It takes the form of an undead baby with a pacifier in its mouth.
Vincent enters the door, unaware of what awaits him. Gibberish and a shriek of "Daddy!" pierces his ears, alarming him and causing Vincent to dash up. This begins the final boss of the Inquisition.
See: Inquisition 4-2
The Child has two attacks. When Vincent is close by, it will slap him. If it hits, it will kill him instantly; otherwise it will knock him down and stun him briefly. When Vincent is higher up, the Child will slap the tower repeatedly, sending a shockwave up one column of blocks. If Vincent is on one of these blocks he will be knocked off, potentially to his death.
- The camera zooms out before the Child begins its ranged attack; use that time to make sure you have a clear escape route left or right. Once you know where the shockwave is coming up, get out of the way quickly.
The baby itself represents Vincent's fear of having a child, which is raised when Katherine tells him the day before that she might be pregnant. The undead appearance is a design choice to make the the Child appear more menacing and creepy: to Vincent, this Child exists to destroy his freedom and life, chaining him to something he isn't ready for yet.
- "Dah...Daaaaaadddyyyy! Daddy."
- (googley sounds)
- "Bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah!"
- "Dah dah DAH!"
- "Daddy! Where are you?!"
- (giggling laughter)
- "Don't leave me! Da-daddy!"
- "Wait for me!"
- "Daddy! Carry me!"
- "Why are you wunning away!?"
- "Look at me!"
- "Do you want what you're doing?"
- "Daaaaadddddyyyyy! Daddy... Daahh...Daaaaddddyyy!"
- If you listen closely to the baby, it sounds like Laura Bailey, Catherine's voice actress.
- Before being repelled at the end, the Child's eyes glow bright red.
- The Child gets repelled by the light, returning to the darkness and manifests into something else, which is Child with a Chainsaw at 6-4.
|Stages and bosses|
| Underground Cemetery:|| 1-1|
2-1 · 2-2 · 2-3 (Fist of Grudge)