- "Don't leave me, daddy!"
It takes the form of an undead baby with a pacifier in its mouth.
Vincent enters the door, unaware of what awaits him. Answered by gibberish and a shriek of "Daddy!" piercing Vincent's ears, an undead baby emerges from below, alarming Vincent to flee away. This begins the final boss of the Inquisition.
See: Inquisition 4-2
The Child has two attacks. When Vincent is close by and is standing on the blocks highlighted in red, it will slap him. If it hits, it will kill him instantly; otherwise it will knock him down and stun him briefly. When Vincent is higher up, the Child will briefly charge up before delivering a powerful strike at the tower, sending a shockwave up one column of blocks usually on or near Vincet's current location. If Vincent is on one of these blocks he will be knocked off, potentially to his death.
- The camera zooms out before the Child begins its ranged attack; use that time to make sure you have a clear escape route left or right. Once you know where the shockwave is coming up, get out of the way quickly.
The baby itself represents Vincent's fear of having a child, which is raised when Katherine tells him the day before that she might be pregnant. The undead appearance is a design choice to make the the Child appear more menacing and creepy: to Vincent, this Child exists to destroy his freedom and life, chaining him to something he isn't ready for yet.
- "Dah...Daaaaaadddyyyy! Daddy."
- (googley sounds)
- "Bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah!"
- "Dah dah DAH!"
- "Daddy! Where are you?!"
- (giggling laughter)
- "Don't leave me! Da-daddy!"
- "Wait for me!"
- "Daddy! Carry me!"
- "Why are you wunning away!?"
- "Look at me!"
- "Do you want what you're doing?"
- "Daaaaadddddyyyyy! Daddy... Daahh...Daaaaddddyyy!"
- If you listen closely to the baby, it sounds like Laura Bailey, Catherine's voice actress.
- Before being repelled at the end, the Child's eyes glow bright red.
- The Child gets repelled by the light, returning to the darkness and manifests into something else, which is Child with a Chainsaw at 6-4.
- The Child's survival is evidenced when it could be seen falling instead of being obliterated like the other monsters meaning it somehow survived by falling away before the light could kill it.
|Stages and bosses|
2-1 · 2-2 · 2-3 (Fist of Grudge)